God Bless You Esteem Readers.
What Is Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)?
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), is an infection caused by microbes, e.g. bacteria, fungi, viruses, etc. which are too small to be seen, without a microscope.
However, it is mostly caused by bacteria, some by fungi, and some by viruses.
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), is an infection that affects both women, men, and even children.
However, it affects mostly women; about 50% of them experiencing it, and about 20% – 40% of them having recurrent infections.
So many people experience recurrent infections, hence I decided to once more talk about this.
Please follow this link for more on the subject. It’s in your own interest.
I will talk briefly about how you can protect yourself from the ailment.
RIGHT FOODS TO EAT
For prevention of Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs), first thing in the morning, drink a glass of fresh blueberry or cranberry juice. Then half an hour later, you can have breakfast.
Also, drink plenty of fluids such as water; fresh fruit and vegetable juices, diluted with water; and herbal teas, such as Norland Kuding Tea.
These help frequent flushing out of the bladder. In addition, the Norland Kuding Tea will protect you from infections, etc.
2. Probiotics: You need Probiotics, which are fermented foods, and beneficial as they help to fight harmful microbes. Such fermented foods are unsweetened yogurt; tempeh which is fermented soybeans; soy miso a Japanese seasoning made from soybeans with salt and koji, a type of fungus; kefir a fermented probiotic milk drink; sourdough breads; apple cider vinegar; sauerkraut made with cabbage shredded and fermented by lactic acid bacteria; kimchi made from cabbage and high in minerals, Vitamins K, B2, riboflavin and iron; kombucha a fermented black or green tea drink; natto a fermented soybean product; fermented cheese; etc.
Probiotics maintain a healthy balance of good and bad bacteria in the body, as well as help with absorption and digestion.
3. Juices: You need foods such as carrots, kale, bell peppers, apricots, and large amounts of foods high in Vitamin C, which causes the urine to be more acidic. An environment most hostile to bacteria, and which will prevent their growth.
Also Vitamin C prevents inflammation, and boost the immune system.
Some foods high in Vitamin C are oranges, limes, lemons, tangerines, grapefruits, pineapples, apples, guava, papaya (pawpaw), kale, broccoli, red and yellow bell peppers, tomatoes, etc. So take plenty of such foods.
However, opinions differ on this as some say that Citrus Fruits and even Tomatoes irritate the bladder, and so can worsen symptoms of UTIs.
So therefore, if you take Citrus Fruits, and they seem to worsen your symptoms, you can stop taking them, and just concentrate on other Fruits.
4. Watermelon is a very good fruit, and flushes out toxins and bacteria from the bladder, preventing infection.
5. The following foods which are nutrient-rich, are very good for protection from UTIs. Make a combination of them and keep drinking:
(a) Lemongrass and Ginger Tea.
(b) Fennel, Celery, and Cucumber, and a bit of Lemon.
(c) Watermelon Juice, and a bit of Lemon Juice.
(d) Cranberries, Grapefruits, and Blueberries.
(e) Jicama, Cucumber, Radish, a bit of Celerial, and a bit of Ginger Root.
6. You need foods high in Vitamin A, such as Carrots, Broccoli, Kale, Spinach, Butter, Eggs, Beef Liver, Sweet Potatoes, Apricots, Winter Squash, to rebuild a compromised immune system.
7. You need foods high in Zinc such as, ginger, beef liver, sunflower seeds, egg yolks, oats, tofu, peanuts, almonds, brazil nuts, flaxseeds, oysters, brewer’s yeast, etc.
These will help to produce white blood cells, and eliminate bacteria.
8. Blueberries loaded with antioxidants, calm inflammation in the bladder and the urinary tract.
9. Cinnamon contains more antioxidants, compared to other spices and herbs. You can get it from Sellers of cake ingredients.
It reduces inflammation, as well as kills pains.
Small amounts of Cinnamon kills several types of bacteria, and even E. Coli, the bacteria responsible for 90% of UTIs.
According to a 2010 Study in the Journal of Urology, Cinnamon contains a compound known as “Cinnamaldehyde, which is a possible antibacterial agent against UTIs caused by E. Coli.
Sprinkle sparingly, Cinnamon on chopped fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, smoothies, and even your herbal teas.
10. You need vegetables.
11. You need plenty of high-fiber foods such as oats, beans, yams, potatoes.
12. Eat more lean meat, and cold-water fish.
13. Use coconut oil and olive oil for your cooking.
Olive oil is a very good medicine for reducing blood sugar level.
Someone used to have as high as 500 reading of Sugar level in the mornings.
He got very worried because despite many tests & trials of different medicines, his reading was still 200 before breakfast and 300 after breakfast.
As he was a reasercher himself and also writer of many medical books, he decided to take Olive oil as medicine for Sugar.
He took 2-3 table spoons before bed and 2-3 table spoons early morning, one hour before breakfast.
He had amazing results after only one week of use.
His Sugar reading was 100 before breakfast and 180 after breakfast within 3 days and by end of 1 week it was 93 “after breakfast.
He then left using it before bed time, but continued the early morning use of Olive oil.
Some other people, he was treating, started using Olive oil for sugar, and showed other benefits as follows :
Some people experiencing problems of their feet getting cold or hot, had relief.
Some experiencing pains in the bones of their legs, confirmed that they had relief from such pains.
Some others had to reduce the number of sugar medicines they were initially taking.
Some of them using insulin injections reduced their dosage and may eventually stopped taking injections.
Diabetic patients, Olive Oil is a treatment you should consider using, in addition to any treatment you are currently using. It will help stabilize your sugar level. A trial will convince you.
14. You need fat-free dairy products.
Exercise your body for at least 30 minutes daily. Lack of Exercise is responsible for so many ailments in the body.
Foods To Avoid:
1. Avoid spicy foods such as curry, chili seasoning, etc. This is because the acidity from these foods create an ideal environment for growth of bacteria. Thus they can irritate the Urinary Tract, as well as inflame the bladder.
2. Avoid trans fatty acids found in crackers, cakes, donuts, cookies, French fries, onion rings, processed foods, and margarine.
3. Avoid products of white flour, namely, pizza, bread, pasta, etc, as the body of a patient of UTI can convert them to sugar, and irritate the bladder.
4. Avoid sugar, sweets, chocolates, soft drinks and artificial sweeteners, as they can irritate the bladder.
5. Avoid red meat such as hamburgers, steaks, grilled meats, because they introduce plenty of acid to the body, which makes bacteria thrive, rather than die.
6. Avoided excessive smoking and drinking.
In addition, please note that you can protect yourself from contacting UTIs, when you take the following steps when necessary:
Always drink plenty of water and fluids, as these will help dilute your urine, make you urinate frequently, helping you flush out bacteria from your Urinary Tract, and thus Prevent UTI. Always ensure you remain well hydrated.
2. Holding Urinate:
Avoid holding urine for long periods. Do not go dancing around, trying to hold in urine, probably because you are too busy, and its not convenient to do it immediately.
Once you feel like urinating, please visit the bathroom and urinate.
3. Inability to Empty Bladder:
Urgently seek medical help when you experience difficulties in fully emptying your bladder.
Breastfeeding decreases the risk of UTIs in children. So mothers, go baby-friendly, so your babies are protected from UTIs and other ailments.
4. Cranberry Juice and Vitamin C:
Please take Cranberry Juice, and Vitamin C, which are said to be Urinary Antiseptics.
5. Wipe From Front to Back:
Please wipe from front to back, after urinating, and bowel movement.
This is because the Urethra which is the tube that transports urine from the bladder, out of the body, is close to the anus, and bacteria can easily escape from the Anus, and invade the Urethra. Thus you Prevent bacteria in the Anal Region from spreading to the Vagina and Urethra.
The Genital Area should be kept clean always, and also before and after sex.
7. Urinate Before and After Sex:
When you urinate, before and after sex, you flush away any bacteria that may have entered your Urethra.
8. Use Showers:
Use showers instead of baths, for obvious reasons.
9. Avoid Powders and Sprays:
Women, please avoid using Powders, Deodorant Sprays, and Perfumed Products in the genital area, as these can irritate the Urethra.
10. Birth Control:
Women, please avoid using Diaphragms, Spermicide-treated Condoms, etc. as they can cause growth of bacteria.
11. In order to keep around the Urethra always dry, please wear loose-fitting clothes and cotton under wears.
12. For Menstruation:
Do not use tampons. Instead use Sanitary Pads, or Menstrual Cups.
13. Right Foods:
Please see the Right Foods to Eat, and Foods that should be Avoided mentioned above.
14. Norland Products.
Please supplement your feeding with Norland Products in order to Prevent, or very effectively treat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs).
If you strictly adhere to all that is expected of you, you will protect yourself from Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) always.
Some people pick UTIs from filthy environments, homes, hospitals, etc., especially from restrooms.
Please always keep your environments clean, and disinfect your restrooms always, to avoid contacting UTIs.
Therefore, my Beloved Readers, once you observe symptoms of Staphylococcus or any other Urinary Tract Infection, go to the Laboratory for test for confirmation.
Thereafter send test result to me, Mrs. E. Oforofuo, on +2348034863154 or +2348097890448 (this is my WhatsApp No.), or send a mail to email@example.com, and I will promptly attend to you, and give you Norland Products for your treatment.
Stay Healthy Always And Remain Blessed. Love You All.